Thursday, December 17, 2009

Half way to being a nurse!

Yesterday was the last test I have to take for 26 days, and marked the half way point of my nursing program! There have been so many things I have learned over the last 8 months. Things about nursing, things about people, and things about myself and who I want to be. I have met people who have inspired me... friends, nurses, but especially patients. I think that is the most wonderful aspect of nursing; even through the heartbreak of illness, love and inspiration still shine through.
But, for the next 26 days, nursing will not be my focus! I am looking forward to catching up on so many things during this break. Most notably is wedding planning... ugh, so much to do I don't even know where to start... maybe the court house would have been a good idea! But, although it is an overwhelming task, wedding planning is still so much fun! We do know that this is probably where the wedding will be held (minus the orange cones, hopefully), but details beyond that are still TBD...
I am also looking forward to catching up with friends. Unfortunately the craziness of my schedule puts my social life on hold. I was able to catch up with Mandi and Kayd last night for a little wine and girls night. So fun being able to catch up with the girls and talk about weddings (Mandi's in a few months and mine a few after that) and fiance's/boyfriends, houses, pets... life. Time to take a few breaths and remember how to live without having my head stuck in the books... at least for the next 26 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment