Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crazy few months!

So, it has been a crazy few months, and I have been really bad about keeping up my blog. I finished my first semester of nursing school at the end of July. I was really busy between classes (and studying) and clinicals. To add to everything Jade came home from deployment in early July. It was difficult adjusting to having him home and learning how to balance my time between hanging out with him and getting all my school work done. But, I made it through finals and had the whole month of August to hang out and play. Jade was able to take quite a bit of time off as well and we took a few trips to Colorado and camping in Mammoth and Yosemite. We had an amazing time.

While we were in Yosemite we hiked up to the top of Half Dome! It was amazing, but if I were to do it again, I don't think I would do it as a day hike. It took us just about the whole 10 hours and 4 liters of water (per person) to do the trip... but, it was WELL worth it! Once we had a bit of time to recover from the 5 hour (4800 ft elevation gain) hike to the top, Jade pulled out a beautiful ring and proposed! It was amazing!

I am now back in classes and clinicals and the fun and relaxing times of August are over. But things are going well and I am learning a lot. Today I was in the ER were I got to start 2 IVs and push IV meds. It was awesome! I was so nervous starting the first IV I was shaking. I got into the vein, but when I tried to push the catheter in I blew the vein, so the nurse had to do it again in another spot :(. Before my shift was over I did get another shot and was able to get a usable IV started... YAY! I am so excited to have gotten those first ones over with! Starting to feel like a real nurse (sort of ;-). Another day at the hospital tomorrow... who knows what that will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment