Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Skype
I know that I am probably WAY behind the technology curve on this one, but I have just discovered the joys of skype! For those of you who may be farther behind the curve than me, skype is a website that allows for free video chatting all over the globe. A few days ago Jade and the guys (and gals) were in Japan. Having prepared to attempt this video chat thing I went to Wal-mart and bought a cheap web cam and mic that plug right into my computer. Once Jade got to Japan all he had to do was take his laptop to a wifi hot spot, download the program and there he was on my computer screen... it's the next best thing to having him here! I can't explain how amazing it was to see his face and hear his voice all at the same time. I haven't seen him in almost 2 months; you start to forget the little expressions that piece together someones personality. It's very comforting to see him sitting there, in real time, and to know that he is safe and doing well. With the risk of sounding like an infomertial, I highly recommend skype or a similar program for anyone who has loved ones over seas, or even for family and friends who live in the states, but that you don't get to see very often. It is a tremendous comfort to know that I get to see his face in a few weeks, or month (or whenever they pull in to port next) and be able to express the things that can't be conveyed over e-mail or even by phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment