Sunday, March 15, 2009

Korea

The ship has left Busan (or Pusan to some) South Korea. I've heard both Busan and Pusan, so I finally asked Jade while he was over there which was the correct spelling... apparently it is both. But he mentioned that he saw more signs as Busan and decided to use that one, so I will as well. It wasn't as exciting of a port as many of the others, they had limited liberty for a variety of reasons, of which I am not exactly sure... as I am never really sure of anything pertaining to the Navy :). Although Jade had Shore Patrol (on duty making sure no one gets in trouble, and bailing them out if they do...), he was kind of lucky because this allowed him to get a (Navy sponsored) hotel room while the other guys (and girls) had to stay on the ship while in port! This was great for me because it allowed quite a bit of time for skype! Although it was difficult for Jade to find a phone compatible with a calling card, he had internet access right from his hotel room!

Jade looks great and is doing well. He is busy with all the jobs he has, but is also cramming in as much study time as possible since his is quickly approaching his HAC board (if you're not sure what HAC stands for, join the club and ask someone who does! ;-) It has something to do with being the helicopter commander, I don't remember what the 'A' stands for, but basically once he becomes a HAC, Jade will be responsible for the helicopter and its crew when he is flying).

As for me, school is still going well and keeping me busy. Last week was my midterm week and I made it through with out too much stress or a lack of sleep! Just about a month and a half left before I move back down to San Diego and really get on my way to becoming a nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment