Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jade's 30th

Jade has his golden brithday a little over a week ago... he turned 30 on the 30th! This would have been the 3rd brithday (of his) that we had been dating, but I had never gotten to celebrate on with him. So, for this birthday, everything lined up just perfectly for me to surprise him! The ship had pulled into Pearl Harbor on the Thursday before his birthday, it just so happened that I didn't have class that Friday... so, Thursday night I decided to fly out to Hawaii for the weekend and surprise him! I had gotten a hold of one of his friends and worked a plan out with him. Although Jade was begining to get a little upset because his friend Jim was ruining the plans Jade had made, he eventually forgave him when I walked up while they were sitting down for lunch. I couldn't have asked for it to work out any more smoothly. Though it was a very short visit, we had a great time and it was so great to see him. We went to the Cheesecake factory for his birthday dinner, then went walking along the beach.

Unfortunately I had to head back to San Diego the next day to resume classes (and take midterms no less), but Jade has been enjoying Hawaii ever since. They should be getting back on the ship in a couple days, and back in San Diego not too long after that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment