Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"God giveth and God taketh away"

Where do I start... I would love to be able to write and eloquent piece right now, but I don't think I have it in me.

"God giveth and God taketh away," my brother said this to me last night as we were walking into the hospital to meet his new niece. His sister in-law had a beautiful baby girl, Jada, yesterday at around 5:30pm. Those of you who know me well enough know that I see myself as more of a spiritual person than one who follows religion. However, this statement really hit hard. Jada was given to us yesterday, and we are grateful for her. But another was taken from us.

Hours before Jada's birth I received a phone call that a friend of mine had died this weekend. As many of you know I recently had to say good-bye to a very dear friend, and now we are having to do it all over again. All of my good thoughts are going out to his family and another family that was hit with devastating news yesterday as well. Another friend was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer... she's 29. Enjoy everyday and be thankful for the time you have with your loved ones. If there is one thing I have learned from burying two dear friends in the past year, it's that there is not enough time for hate; make peace within yourself and with those around you.

Side note: Jade is doing well, communication is out with the ship so I haven't heard anything in the last couple days, but there is another article about HSC-8 and the Stennis. For those who are interested...
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/01/navy_helo_deployment_012709/

1 comment: