Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Class Surrounded by Body Bags
I had my first experience with cadavers today! I walked in to my anatomy lab and although there have been large steel tables around (which I assumed held the cadavers), today they were open and body bags were strewn about the classroom. As I took my seat I mentioned to a classmate that it was a little strange having class amongst a bunch (probably 10ish) of body bags. And his response to me was "yes, a little, but also humbling..." which it definitely was. Later in lab we got to look at a couple of cadavers, one male and one female, however only the specific parts we were looking at were uncovered so the full intensity of what was laying before me still hasn't sunk in. Incredibly intriguing, but also very humbling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment