Today we had a simulation lab for school. Basically we practice various scenarios on a very expensive feed and change doll. Our scenario today was that we had an elderly man who was admitted with sepsis. Per our case study we were told that no matter what we did our patient was going to go into cardiac arrest... hum... that's a bit discouraging! But, we went on our way and did what we could, all the while watching the monitor for him to go into some crazy heart rhythm so we could practice the skills we learned in ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support). So, he finally did and Lindsey took charge, led the code and it went great! The only problem... our patient still died! Haha! Well, that's why we like simulation, we can reboot him and start over again!
A little later after I had gotten home, while I was working on some homework, Laura called to see if I wanted to have dinner. So, I got to go out to dinner (Indian food- yum) with two of my favorite people! Yay! I love that Thursday is the beginning of my weekend... I think this three days of work thing is really going to be good for me ;-)
I also found out my friend had a beautiful baby boy last Thursday... congratulations Pua! And Happy Birthday Ahuulaakeawe 5/13/10! I can't wait to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment